Providing Quality Mulch Products to the Lebanon County and Surrounding Areas For Over 25 Years:
- Regular Mulch
- Dyed Black Mulch
- Leaf Compost (Great to Enhance the Quality of Your Garden)
- Top Soil
- Playground Cover
Quick Delivery. Normally Same Day…717-813-0846
What is Mulch?
Mulches are materials placed on top of the soil surface to help maintain moisture and improve soil conditions. Mulching is the most beneficial step a home owner can take for the health of an evergreen or other tree and shrubs . Mulch can reduce water loss from the soil, minimize weed competition, and improve the soil structure.
Where to Use Mulch:
Homeowners and Commercial properties can mulch entire beds of trees, shrubs, annuals, perennials and/or ground covers. Mulching is critical for establishing new plantings.
Mulch can be used instead of grass around trees and shrubs. This greatly reduces the competition for water and nutrients from the turf and increases the growth rate and health of your plantings.
Mulch can also be used as a ground cover for walks, trails or play areas.
Besides Simply Looking Great and Well Maintained. There are Many Other Benefits of Mulching:
- Helps maintain soil moisture. Reduces Evaporation which minimizes the need for watering.
- Works to control weeds. By laying a 2-4 inches of mulch you will help to reduce the germination and growth of weeds.
- By insulating the soil it helps it keep warmer in the winter and cooler in during the hot summer months.
- Many mulches can greatly improve the fertility of the soil and also reduce the likelihood of certain plant diseases.
- Mulching around trees makes “maintenance” less damaging from “weed whackers” or the “lawnmower blight.”
How Much Mulch Do I Need? :
We sell all of our products by the cubic yard.
Each cubic yard of mulch covers 100 to 105 square feet 2 ½ to 3 inches thick.
To determine how many cubic yards you need, simply take your total square footage of the area you wish to cover and divide by 100.
Contact Us Today For a Free Mulch Quote. 717-867-1715